Saturday, January 21, 2017

Introduction to Bullying

It has been a while since my last entry. A lot has happened since I wrote last. I was writing about my MS journey, some DIY projects etc., but I want to focus on something that I feel will make an impact. There is a lot of bullying going on around the world. I was never bullied as a child, but now that I am older, I have been on the bad end of the bullying issue.

According to Meriam Webster, a bully is someone who is habitually cruel, insulting, or threatening to others. I have been bullied as an adult. Emotional, mental, and physical abuse is also bullying. Strangers will bully you, but so will people who you consider or are family. Know the signs and when to step away.

I was threatened by someone I considered family and called evil etc by them....this is a form of bullying. I had forgiven the person and decided to let it go even though they never offered an apology for the threat. The best option in this situation would be to get far away from those who are causing mental, physical, and emotional abuse to you. It does make it hard when it is a close person, but you are more important. Your life is more important than to let them try and hurt you in whatever way they feel they can. They will continue to see the bad in your good. People who are hurting or jealous tend to hurt others. My dad said it best. "The others around the relationship don't matter in the long run. If it is you and your spouse, then focus on you 2.....not anyone else's negativity towards you. What matters is your happiness and your spouses happiness, TOGETHER."

Write down a list of the good things about yourself. Do something you love. Find some sort of therapy. I know I am not evil because the Lord made me and He made you!

Matthew 5:11 God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers.


No comments:

Post a Comment